For The Family
Columbus has so much to offer families and it's a fun city to explore with kids because it is a hub of creativity and innovation!
That is why Columbus is the fastest growing city in Ohio and the 15th largest city in the United States. With more than 26 highly-ranked school districts, a ton of attractions for kids, and a variety of parks and green spaces to enjoy, there is something for everyone in your family. From living history museums and factory tours that end with a sweet treat to hands-on science experiments and swimming in an ocean-like wave pool, kids have a lot of options to create the perfect kind of day in Columbus. Some of Experience Columbus' favorite family-friendly spots are:
- COSI continues to be a top-rated science center thanks to its more than 300 interactive exhibits including the brand new American Museum of Natural History Dinosaur Gallery.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium boasts the Heart of Africa exhibit where you can hand-feed a giraffe and then head next door and splash in the wave pool at Zoombezi Bay during the summer months.
- Family activities and crafts are offered every weekend to enhance your experience at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. The recently opened Scott's Miracle-Gro Foundation Children's Garden focuses on introducing and connecting children to the natural world.
- No matter the season, there is always a sporting event taking place in Columbus that is perfect for an outing with the family.
Other family-friendly opportunities include:
- Columbus Metropolitan Library services for families
- Columbus Recreation and Parks Department programs and services for families
- Ohio History Center
- Splash Pads around the city
- Columbus Children's Theatre
Graduate and Professional Students
Embracing that a number of our graduate and professional students have spouses, children, and/or are in multigenerational households, OUAB Grad/Prof strives to create programming opportunities in which the families of the students are incorporated into the experiences. Learn more